In this part, we discuss how big to make Git commits and learn a little about dealing with commit IDs, as well as how to look at the differences between arbitrary commits, switch to a previous commit and revert changes.
This course covers BOTH the command-line and GUI for using Git.
This part is meant for absolute beginners who have gone through the previous parts, but otherwise don't have any previous experience with Git (or other version control systems).
The Git cheatsheet (with all the Git commands we run):
Ready for more? See the next part in this course!
All the tutorials in this course
- Godot and Git (part 1): Why use Git (or any version control)?
- Godot and Git (part 2): Getting Started with Git
- Godot and Git (part 3): Traveling through History
- Godot and Git (part 4): Pushing your repository to GitLab.com
- Godot and Git (part 5): Simple branching and merging
- Godot and Git (part 6): 3-way Merge and Merge Conflicts
- Godot and Git (part 7): Tips for merging scenes and team collaboration
- Godot and Git (part 8): Git LFS and dealing with large assets
Subscribe to get an email when new articles or videos are posted on SnopekGames.com!